Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Landlord /Tenant Dispute & Sexual Abuse

In the past year I have been involved with multiple Landlord/tenant issues as a mediator.

Tomorrow I have been asked to mediate a landlord/tenant issue where the tenant has been
asked to vacate to due to his sexual advancements and indecent behavior to fellow
tenants and exposure in front of children.

The landlord has a zero tolerance for any illegal activity, illegal sexual favors in exchange for money.

It appears from the brief that the lanlord does have a good cause for termination.

I must remind myself as a mediator to be neutral, objective and listen carefully to the tenant.

To listen to all sides.

Tomorrow will be a "Good test"

The greater test will be my own trauma from childhood abuse by a neighbor.

Jim W Hildreth Real Estate Mediator
www.RealEstateMediation.org

No comments: